Adapted via Steamy Kitchen
♦ 4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
♦ salt and pepper
1) – oil, ground coriander, (top with) orange slices
2) – oil, brown sugar
3) – honey
4) – honey
5) – oil, garlic powder
1) – 2 oranges and 1 onion, both thinly sliced
2) – 2-inch piece ginger, sliced, and 8 green scallions, cut into sections (pictured)
3) – 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
4) – 2 oranges and lemons, thinly sliced
5) – 1 to 2 red onions, thinly sliced
1) – crushed macadamia nuts and mint leaves
2) – minced scallions
3) – parsley and thinly sliced fennel
4) – sweetened coconut flakes, diced mango/papaya, or golden raisins
5) – fruity salsa or compote
Preheat to 250F. Season salmon with salt and pepper, followed by seasoning of choice – let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Select a pan that will comfortable fit all fillets in a single layer, and make a bed of the aromatics of choice.
Place the salmon fillets on the bed you’ve made. Cook for 30 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a sharp paring knife into a fillet – if it goes in an out very easily, it’s done. Feel free to cook it for an additional 5 minutes or so if you are concerned (it’s very difficult to overcook this salmon)
Top with the garnish of choice, and serve immediately (Note: the salmon may appear undercooked, but it is supposed to look this way – it has been slow-cooked, giving it a silky, colorful texture).
To read more about this dish and my musical pairing, click HERE.